The “International Conference on Sensors for Environmental Monitoring and Aquaculture” is a platform for leading international scientists and companies in sensor & biosensor technology as well as end-users from the field of environmental monitoring and aquaculture.
The conference was attended by 60 people where it featured talks and plenary discussions on:
- The political perspective on environmental monitoring,
- The results of the latest European projects on the detection of known and emerging pollutants and pathogens,
- The advancements of the industry to supply reliable bio-/sensors and
- The enduser perspective.
The conference opening was presented by Dr. Schories from ttz Bremerhaven and by two keynote speakers: Mr. Guido Kestchau (BIS Bremerhaven) and Dr. Björn Kempken (BEG logistics GmbH). Then Mr. Björn Succkow, from ttz Bremerhaven, made an introduction to the enviguard project and giving way to four sessions:
- 1º Session: EnviGuard project outcomes.
- 2º Session: Microfluidic for sensing purposes.
- 3º Session: Sensors for monitoring marine environment.
- 4º Session: Aquaculture perspective and market potential.
Clicking here you can consult the full programme.
After all this there was a networking session which offers opportunities for future collaborations between the attendees. Finally, the day finished with a gala dinner.
Here you can take a look at some pics about the conference and the dinner.