The event was attended by 29 people who knew the latest news of EnviGuard project, the development of a multiplexed biosensor for the simultaneous detection of toxins and PBS in marine waters or the technological evolution in EnviGuard. In addition, a panel of related European H2020 projects was presented as:
- MedAID - Mediterranean Aquaculture Integrated Development.
- TAPAS - Tools for Assessment and Planning of Aquaculture Sustainability.
- AQUAEXCEL2020 - AQUAculture infrastructures for EXCELlence in European fish research towards 2020.
- VIVALDI - Preventing and Mitigating Farmed Bivalve Diseases.
The workshop attendees made some general comments on the EnviGuard results presented:
- The design and structure of the system should allow taking samples far away for the coast line.
- It was proposed to use the CDU to detatct pathogens in other matrices.
- There was a question about what to do once a risk due to pollutants is detected. It was clarified that this is out of the scope of the project.
- It was proposed to approach the contamination by specie and by production method.
- For future project, it was proposed to work on preventive measures for parasites as there no vaccines against them.
For closing the workshop, it was organize a networking session whle attendees could enjoy a Spanish wine.
Here you can check some links with all the information of the event: